Taking Care of Your Quartz Surface
Starrox quartz engineered stones blend modern sophistication and timeless luxury with unbeatable strength and durability. The ever-lasting finish requires only simple and routine care to maintain its good looks.
- Starrox quartz surface are hard, non-porous, virtually maintenance-free and are simple to clean. In most cases, soap and water or a mild detergent is enough to keep your Starrox countertop looking like new.
- If necessary, use a non-abrasive soft soap along with a non-scratch or delicate scrub pad. Afterwards, thoroughly rinse with clean water to remove residue.
- To remove adhered material such as food, gum, nail polish or even dried paint, first scrape away excess material with a plastic putty knife and then use a damp cloth to remove any marks or residual dirt.
- Starrox QES is more heat resistant than other stone surfaces including most granite, marble and limestone; and is not affected by temperatures lower than 150°C (300°F). However, like all stone material, Quartz can be damaged by sudden and rapid temperature changes. We also recommend a hot pad or trivet be placed on the surface under cooking units such as electric frying pans, crock pots, or roaster ovens.
- Starrox QES is a highly scratch resistant surface; however avoid abuse of the surface by refraining from using sharp objects such as sharp knives or screw drivers directly onto the surface.
A word of Caution!Most household chemicals do not affect Starrox QES but l ike any other surface, quartz surface can be permanently damaged if exposed to strong chemicals and solvents that can damage its physical properties. Avoid the use of highly aggressive cleaning agents such as oven/grill cleaners and dishwasher polishing agents that have high alkaline/pH levels (pH 8.5 or higher) or that contain Trichlorethane or Methylene chloride, such as paint removers or strippers. Products containing oils or powders may leave a residue and should be rinsed off thoroughly. Should your surface accidentally be exposed to any of these damaging products, rinse immediately with clean water to neutralize the effect.
QES is resistant to all kinds of cracks, chips, scratches and stains. However, like most materials, excessive force and/or pressure may cause damage to the surface.
Quartz Surface is non-porous due to the physical properties of the quartz components of the surfaces. Quartz in itself is an inert, non-absorbent mineral and therefore m kes surfaces resist most stains caused by fruit juices, liquid food colouring, coffee, tea, wine, grapes and soft drinks. It is important to note that QES's maximum stain-resistance qualities make sealers and waxes unnecessary.
Quartz Stone is more heat resistant than other stone surfaces including most granite, marble and limestone; and is not affected by temperatures lower than 150°C (300°F). However, like all stone material, Quartz Stone can be damaged by sudden and rapid temperature changes. Therefore, we suggest that hot pots and pans never be directly placed on the surface. We also recommend a hot pad or trivet be placed on the surface under cooking units such as electric frying pans, crock pots, or roaster ovens.
Simply wipe with warm water and soap using a damp cloth or paper towel. Grease, grime, hairspray, or messy makeup spills easily disappear. Normal cleaning with a damp cloth will always keep your polished surface appear new and to avoid dulling the surface, make sure to use a non-abrasive cleaner.
Quartz Engineered surfaces are nonporous and are perfectly suited for kitchen areas, or wherever food is prepared, as they greatly reduce the potential for bacterial growth.
QES surfaces are free of mold and bacteria due to the use of quartz as a key ingredient. QES surfaces are industry approved for installation in hospitals, restaurants, hotels and more.
Use a damp, soft cloth with warm water and soap. If needed, apply non-abrasive, household cleaners (a non-abrasive cleaner will not dull the surface shine). To remove adhered material such as food, gum, nail polish or even dried paint, first scrape away excess material with a plastic knife and then use a damp cloth to remove any marks or residual dirt. For extra-stubborn stains, a 3M Scotch-Brite pad is recommended along with a detergent recommended by your local Stone distributor.
No. Quartz surfaces are totally non-porous, and you will never have to use a sealer or any other kind of wax.
Quartz stone is most beneficial for Flooring concepts which are enough to last a lifetime. Apart from flooring; it has both commercial and residential applications.
For Commercial: Starrox is apt for use under – Reception desks, Conference tables, Food bar tops, Wall Cladding, Shop fittings, Restaurant interiors, Signs, Display floorings etc.
For its Residential application we recommend use of Starrox Quartz for Kitchen counter tops, Bath Vanity tops, Table tops, Furnitures, Shower surrounds, Wall cladding, Floorings, Windowsills etc.
QES is not advisable for external applications.
- It combines quality and class in modern and contemporary kitchens.
- It is non porous and stronger than granite.
- Extremely durable and can be cleaned without using any kind of cleansers. - It does not require sealing of any kind as it has a very tough exterior surface which is stain-resistant.
Presently, we provide QES in size 10'ft. x 4'ft. (305cm x 122 cm) + 1" margin on both sides for cutting with thickness of 12 mm +/- 1mm. and 20mm +/- 1mm. Tile size of 2' x 2' also can be provided. Other sizes and thickness may not be available right now. Higher thickness is also available against special orders.
For thickness of 12mm it will be 100 sheets; 4000 sq.ft and in case of 20mm thickness one truck load will consist of 65 sheets; 2600 sq.ft.
The sheets will have protective film on the surface. They are generally transported loose in the truck , in vertical position like in marble and granite.
The edges can be polished similar to granite which will look exactly like the top surface when polished. And can be molded into any kind of profile.
Approx. 2.5 kg. per sq.ft. in case of 12mm while it weighs 4.5 kg per sq.ft. for 20mm.